Lining in the interior: 5 decor ideas, designer tips
Plastic finishing panels have gained great popularity. This is the first material that comes to mind in the cheap segment and ease of use. From the lining, you can make many interesting lining in the interior.
The lining has many advantages: durability, environmental friendliness, and accessibility. Designers love it for its perfect appearance and compatibility with any surfaces. The lining perfectly imitates elite materials and helps create an exceptional lining in the interior.
The lining board is accustomed to underestimate. For a long time, it was used for finishing industrial premises and country houses, hiding its decorative potential. In fact, the lining can claim a leading place among the finishing materials, since it has many functional and aesthetic advantages.
Advantages of lining in the interior
The lining board, which we used to call the lining, is made from recycled wood. Its diameter is no more than 20 millimeters, and due to this fineness, it is convenient to use for the cladding of internal or external horizontal and vertical surfaces. Read more: Kitchen interior: modern design ideas
From the lining, you get a beautiful wood coating, aesthetics not inferior to the natural frame. With its help, you can decorate walls, ceilings, facades, balconies, balconies, etc. With proper execution, it is almost impossible to distinguish the lining from the wooden wall.
The advantages of this material are as follows:
- long service life (the lining is well preserved for 100 years);
- immunity to contamination;
- increased strength;
- good ecological qualities;
- heat and sound insulation;
- resistance to high temperatures;
- the simplicity of installation.
It is very difficult to crumble, break or press the board. It has a natural structure, natural pattern and fits perfectly into modern interiors. Such material is well suited for bedrooms in the style of Provence, they can decorate the living room in Eco-stylistics or make a design of the kitchen in the style of Country.
If you are afraid of “country atmosphere”, use a lining to finish some parts of the walls and ceilings. For example, a finishing board can decorate one wall or part of it, and paint other areas with contrasting paint. It is convenient and cheap to make “wooden accents” from the lining, which is now at the peak of popularity.
If you are not a supporter of the wooden motifs in the lining in the interior, do not rush to lay the covering board aside. From it, you can make an original wall covering by painting the boards in the right color. The lining made of wood and plastic is easy to paint and gives a lot of space for creativity.
Types of lining
Manufacturers offer a wide choice of planking, made of modern materials:
- The lining is made of valuable wooden species.
- “American” has an unusual texture with an imitation of the lining of the lap boards.
- Block-house is characterized by a texture similar to log packing.
All these types can be painted and varnished, mounted on vertical and horizontal surfaces.
Variants of the lining in the interior decoration with lining
- Western and domestic designers use the lining all over the place, offering such decor options:
- The use of a bright matte and lacquered lining for the decoration of walls and ceilings. Thanks to this combination, it is possible to achieve the effect of an open space in a dwelling.
- The use of oil paints to decorate the finishing boards will help create an unusual texture of the material. To enhance the non-trivial effect, designers recommend applying the paint not with a brush, but with hands.
- Painting the lining should be before attaching to a wall or ceiling.
- Choose a local wall paneling in combination with an unusual layout of the boards. You can mount boards in the form of a Christmas tree, diagonally or with a slight inclination.
- The cover plate is flame resistant, so it can be given an unusual texture with a soldering lamp. After that, the surface should be treated with oil paint to achieve a graphic display of the wooden structure. For the first time this technique began to be used in Japan, now the secrets of local craftsmen are used throughout the world.
- Decorate the walls with a clapboard of pastel shades, and for ceilings use bright boards, for example, purple. You can also use other expressive shades, now the actual use of Tiffany color in the lining in the interior.
- You can combine the lining with the plates for the phosphates. In this case, it is necessary to choose finishing boards of dark colors with a pronounced wooden texture.
- The lining of the part of the wall creates a cozy atmosphere in the house. For this, it is necessary to choose gentle shades of pink, blue, all kinds of pastels in combination with bright, but not catchy facades of furniture. The upper edges of the lining can be decorated with a beautiful baguette to indicate the place of transition of one material to another.
- An unusual solution is to make the lighting behind a part of the wall with a lining. To make the result more expressive, several millimeters of free space should be left between the boards. Also, the boards can be painted in multi-colored shades or set the color illumination.
- As a decoration of the elements of the ceiling of a private house, the lining fits perfectly. Designers recommend paying more attention to the attic and even accentuating it. For example, the walls in the room should be wallpapered with wallpaper, and the mansard part of the ceiling should be sewed with a matching lining. By itself, this design is unusual, so it should not be “loaded” with a too bright palette.
- The lining is often used in the interiors of the Provence style, in such themes, it looks especially spectacular. It is recommended to paint with a special paint, which is used for the aging technique. Then the room immediately reigns inhabited and soulful atmosphere.
- The gray lining of deciduous trees fits well in the modern lining in the interior. To make it look more beautiful, it can be opened with a colorless varnish.
- With the help of a finishing board, it is possible to mask pipes and technical rooms. In this case, too, it is useful to use the back light.
The classical version of the use of such material is white matte boards on the wall surface. With their help, you can create a real Scandinavian style in the lining of the interior of the living room. There are also many other daring ideas for the use of lining. If you want, you can create your own unique design.