What are the advantages of using downlight covers
Ceiling down-lights face unique problems in terms of airtight construction and insulation layer continuity. An exposed down-light inside a ceiling represents a direct route from a habitable area to a cold attic space for heated or conditioned air to move. Usually, by air leakage, 25 percent of household energy waste is lost.
Down-lights are the cause of a high percentage of air leakage in the home, with a pressure of 50pa each down-light will normally transfer 20 cubic meters of conditioned air from the house into the attic space every hour and this air and energy is lost. This heat loss can be compensated, as they not only eliminate air leakage, they also mitigate the possibility of condensation as draughts and air flow are blocked. Acoustic insulation can also be achieved by using downlight covers.
The advantages of using Downlight Covers, like those from https://www.thermahooddirect.com/ are numerous and include some of the following:
- Reduce the risk of condensation by minimizing draughts, maintaining an efficient moisture barrier
- It can be installed quickly and easily by anyone.
- Improving the quality of air in living areas by decreasing the flow of air
- Noise entry and escape via downlights can help decrease
- Meets Building Regulations requirements Report E ‘Resistance to the Passage of Sound’ accepted
It is important that you get the right downlight cover for your lights and so contacting a company like the one mentioned above will help you to ensure that you get the best fit for your environment.