Clean your glass stove top with a scraper and soapy water. Your old method of using finely ground glass and baking soda isn’t as effective as it once was. Cleaning your stove top’s glass is an important part of keeping your kitchen clean and free of bacteria that can cause illness. But how to clean glass stove top. There are multiple ways you can clean the surface, but you must take care to clean it gently.
How to clean glass stove top?
1. Scrape the top with a plastic scraper, taking care not to scratch it.
2. Pour lukewarm water on the stove top and apply some dish-washing liquid over it.
3. Wet a clean, lint-free cloth in this soapy water and gently wipe the glass to get rid of dirt.
4. Dry the wet glass with a lint-free cloth or paper towel, taking care not to leave behind any moisture that can cause damage to your cooking stove.
5. Finish up by using a dry, lint-free cloth or paper towel to buff off any streaks left behind from wiping it down.
6. If the stove top is especially greasy, you can use some mild dish soap directly on the grease areas, then scrub with a clean sponge or scouring pad until the surface is clean.
If you follow these steps, your glass stove top will be free of stains and grime so that you can see the beauty of it. Follow these steps to clean the glass stove top safely and maintain its shine and luster for a long time. Your kitchen will look great and shiny as well. Keep reading: HOW TO CLEAN STICKY GREASE OFF KITCHEN CABINETS?
Clean glass stove top with vinegar
1. Mix warm water with vinegar in equal parts.
2. Apply this mixture on your stove top’s glass surface using a clean cloth or sponge.
3. After some time, wipe it dry using a lint-free cloth or paper towel. Now the glass top will be clear of stains and grime as well.
Clean glass stove top with baking soda
1. Make a paste of baking soda with few drops of water.
2. Apply this paste on the greasy or burnt area using a clean cloth or sponge.
3. Let it stay for some time, then wipe off the baking soda mix with a cloth soaked in warm water mixed with vinegar.
4. Finally, wipe clean with a lint-free cloth or paper towel.
Your glass stove top will also look as shiny and beautiful as before.
Clean glass stove top with car wax
If the glass surface on your cooking stove is too greasy you can apply some car wax onto it to make it clear of stains and dirt. But be sure to wax it on very sparingly.
Clean glass stove top with toothpaste
If the above methods don’t work for you, you can use toothpaste as well. Toothpaste is made of mild abrasives and won’t harm your cooking surface. But again, use only a small amount of paste on your glass stove top’s surface. Don’t forget to wipe it clean with a paper towel immediately after applying the toothpaste.
Glass stove top maintenance tips
If you want to maintain your glass stove top, there are few things that you should remember.
• Forbid any sharp objects, like knives or other kitchen utensils on the surface of the stove to avoid scratches.
• Don’t use abrasive cleaners or metal scouring pads since they can scratch the surface and damage it.
• Don’t use chemical cleaners on the stove top since they will damage the surface.
• Don’t use the glass stove top as a cutting board.
These are few things that you should remember to keep your glass stove top in good condition for a longer time. Follow these steps to clean the glass stove top properly and maintain its shine!Tags: clean, glass stove top