When it starts to cool and the leaves on the trees to fall, it is clear that the fall is coming. Although for the colder months can seem tempting content with a bowl of hot chocolate and a wide selection of movies, this is the ideal time to start preparing the next season now. Once you have reorganized their winter wardrobe, it’s time to start preparing your property to the weather. Here’s our list of key considerations to keep in mind:
This piece of property is the first barrier against the cold. When autumn is coming, do not forget:
- Check your roof. Make sure no loose tiles. If you have a flat roof, make sure you remove any debris from the surface.
2. Check for currents. Focus on key entry points such as windows and doors, and be sure to seal the slots to preserve energy.
3. Check the exterior structure. Look for cracks or fissures and get professional help if you find serious damage.
4. Reinforce doors and windows. . If you live in an area with a continental climate, consider whether you need storm shutters.
5. Check the drainage systems. Clean gutters and sewers of any blockages or loose debris.
The interior of your home should be as warm and comfortable as possible, especially in nights when you just want to curl up by the fire with a good book. Here are some things you can do to make it so:
- Test and review fire-mediated. This also includes changing the batteries of carbon monoxide detectors, if necessary.
2. Insulate your attic. This is the best way to maximize their energy efficiency.
3. Reverse your fan. Doing this fall and winter keep warm air circulating in the room.
4. Insulate the pipes. Wrap pipes in cases insulate preformed foam or fiberglass to prevent freezing.
5. Have a professional check your furnace. You should also perform routine maintenance of leaks, air filters, and heat efficiency measures.
6. Invest in a programmable thermostat. Set it to lower the temperature when not at home and upload it to a comfortable temperature when.
7. Prepare your fireplace. If you have a wood fireplace, make sure you have enough wood and provides that a professional check the installation.
The house requires not only protection from the elements; the ground also needs care. Before you start the cold, be sure to:
- Remove the furniture summer. Now it’s time to wash the cushions or upholstery and prepare for the next spring.
2. Close the outdoor pool. This will ensure it is in good conditions during the winter months.
3. Clean the plot. Collect the leaves of roads and land, fertilize the lawn and trim the hedges.
4. Inspect the trees. Locate loose or branches too large items around your home and hire a gardener to prune trees and prevent damage.
5. Make the summer maintenance of equipment and vehicles. Also, make sure that any winter equipment such as a snow blower, ready to use.
Leave a Reply